There are four sections to complete at Bronze. They involve helping the community/environment, becoming fitter, developing new skills, planning, training for and completing an expedition. All of our students are encouraged to achieve their DofE which offers personal challenges and pushes personal boundaries.
The Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award contains three elements:
- Physical section: students can choose a sporting activity that requires a sustained level of energy and physical activity. For example, playing a sport regularly and showing personal improvement would count.
- Skills section: Students choose an activity that allows them to prove they have broadened their understanding and increased expertise in their chosen skill.
- Volunteering: Encourages student to give time to help people, the community or society, the environment or animals.
It typically takes at least 6 months to complete the Bronze programme.
– Volunteering section: 3 months
– Physical section: 3 months
– Skills section: 3 months
– Expedition section: 2 days/1 night